Ethics and Human Reproduction: A Feminist Analysis (Boston: Allen & Unwin, 1987; reprinted, 1989).
- Republished by Routledge Library Editions (London, UK, and New York City, 2013)
Aging, Death, and Human Longevity: A Philosophical Inquiry (Berkeley, California: University
of California Press, 2003).
- Winner of the Biannual Broadview Press/Canadian Philosophical Association 2005 Book Prize
- Korean edition published May, 2005
- Paperback edition published June, 2005
- Awarded the Abbyann D. Lynch Medal in Bioethics, Royal Society of Canada, November, 2006
Why Have Children? The Ethical Debate (Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press, 2012).
- Korean edition published by Boogle Books (Seoul, Korea, 2012)
- Paperback edition published by MIT Press (2013)
- Spanish edition published by Editorial Trillas (Mexico) (2015)
- Italian edition (Perché Avere Figli) published by Il Saggiatore (Milan, 2015)
Dying in Public: Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer, by Sue Hendler (Kingston, Michael Grass House, 2012).
Pets and People: The Ethics of Our Relationships with Companion Animals (New York: Oxford University Press, 2017). Oxford Scholarship Online (Oxford University Press, February 2017) DOI: 10.1093/acprof:oso/9780190456085.001.0001
Feminist Perspectives: Philosophical Essays on Method and Morals, coedited with Lorraine Code and Sheila Mullett (Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1988; reprinted, 1992; remained in print until September, 2002).
Perspectives on AIDS: Ethical and Social Issues, coedited with William Zion (Toronto: Oxford University Press, 1991; reprinted, 1992).